Tuesday, September 1, 2009

No work and all play makes Ben a dull boy...

I never thought I'd say this but... I wish I had some schoolwork to do.

I find myself sitting here at the computer, totally and utterly bored, quite simply because I've finished all my assignments, exams, and major works, with only the HSC left to worry about. I'm left with an abundance of free time and nothing to do with it, no goals or hobbies or anything to retain my interest or give me some sort of goal to work toward.

Ok, I lie, it's not like I don't have the odd hobby and such. I mean, I was playing the Wii for a good portion of the afternoon, but there's only so much "enjoyment" I can take. With so much time to spare, these little pockets of time that I'd normally treasure between turning to the monotony of working have just become annoyingly pointless. They don't exactly give a sense of achievement either.

Even more annoyingly is that basically everyone else still has work of some description to do. I'm basically only writing this blog post because everyone else on my MSN list that I'm talking to at the moment seems preoccupied with their own remaining work, so the conversations aren't exactly *lively* or anything.

Seriously, I never thought I would actually wish I had more work to do. I went *looking* for homework and was actually disappointed that I couldn't legitimately find any... Without that sense of time pressure and something to work toward, everything has just gone a bit 'bleh' right now and I'm struggling to find some method of entertainment that I don't tire of quickly.

Writing this blog entry was one of those, though I've basically run out of anything further to write as well. God dammit. I'm going to die of boredom after the HSC when I have 3-4 months of nothing. Never thought I'd appreciate school so much.

Adios.

6 comments:

  1. hahahaha
    too true!
    now that trials are over and 3hrs of non-stop youtube-ing is perfectly legit., it's no longer fun! i swear, bludging is only ever exciting when there's a tinge of guilt as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah I know, YouTube-ing was like some illicit love affair when you're surrounded by an explosion of history notes. Now it's just not as fun. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. you seem to be picking up the word Adios as part of your vocabulary. DOUUUSHITEEEE lmao

    also
    why can't you summarise your year notes and make revision sheets etc for the hsc. trust me, you'll appreciate those when the time comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...... im sure our bet will liven up things :)

    - youknowwho :D

    ReplyDelete