Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fifty People, One Question, Zero Study

Been a bit under the weather today so my study has taken a hit, which isn't exactly great the week before my first HSC exam. Anyway, I can't particularly find the time, energy or brainpower to write anything too substantial (which should please Shuang and the like who prefer things short and sweet, haha) so instead I thought I'd just link to this video.

There's actually a number of videos, a few of which get linked to at the end of this one, and even more if you google. Essentially, the premise is simply that this guy goes to a town somewhere in the world and pulls over 50 strangers on their daily walk to ask them a basic question with no limitations on the answer - for example, "Where would you like to wake up tomorrow?" or "What do you wish would happen by the end of the day?" - and then collages the video responses together to contrast all the different characters of the city, as well as their vastly differing and interesting answers. The videos just had a great atmosphere to them, so I'll say no more and let anyone who's interested to judge for themselves.


Really just makes you think. When a question is so simple it's amazing how easy it is to go blank, unless you adopt a stock standard response. Honestly, myself, I have no idea.

Adios.

2 comments:

  1. that was so...mind-boggling! and I loved the music that accompanied it, it made it all the more thoughtful and inspiring :) And also, the frame and recording was interesting, like as though it was through his eyes focusing in and out on the person and having eye contact with us/him. The answer came pretty quick for me actually...my mum's bed xD its like a solid thick security blanket :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow, I'd like to wake up with all Band 6s already so I don't have to feel bad about bludging as I am right now...

    ReplyDelete