Monday, July 27, 2009

The End Is Nigh

Yes, the end of the holidays is upon us, my friends. It is a most melancholic affair. I would insert a sad face emoticon around here, but I'm trying to have this blog retain *some* level of sophistication in the writing, as opposed to my usual MSN emoticon spamming. So, I'm afraid, you must imagine the anguish on the little round yellow circle for yourselves, dear readers (if you even exist by this blog post). As of writing this post it is past midnight, and thus it is the final day of this precious "break" (if you can even call it that, as with the impending trials any amount of procrastination leads to immediate guilt).

But yes, holidays are ending. Children across the nation are weeping as the trials draw near. And yet, despite this pressure, procrastination always seems unavoidable. Despite doing a decent amount of my body of work for Art, I've only touched on English a bit and my Histories even less... it's quite disconcerting. Still, with the stress explosion that is soon to occur, I must cherish this last day and relax. See those italics? Doesn't the word just look so cushy and lazy? It's perfect.

Though this is also an end, it is many beginnings. Firstly, the beginning of the final term of high school - ever (though yes, I am quite aware as this is also alluding to another end, so quiet). I can't wait for university... it's so close, yet so far. I just love the city atmosphere, so getting into UTS would be absolute bliss. Then again, there's the fact I still live in Penrith, so about 3 hours commuting there total per day would be terrible. I *would* like to move to the city, but then I'd have to worry about finding accommodation, roommate(s) depending on the rent or size of the place, and a job to pay for it all anyway. Bah, those were dark days working at Red Rooster, so hopefully I can get into somewhere above fast food.

At least I was a productive little worker, right?

This notion of fast food brings me to my next beginning of sorts though - the intense exercise and diet regime that shall commence first day back next term. I've lost weight consistently over the last few years due to a few inspirations, which I may save for a later post I suppose, and although I'm *close* to my ideal, I could do a slight bit more. It has been quite a battle, and my knee operation last year sort of put a stop to my motivation. This fervor shall consequently resume this Tuesday, and hence I have all of Monday to binge, should I see fit, heh. I may walk up to the local KFC and have a End-Of-Holidays Celebration before this cruel health program begins. See, working at Red Rooster used to work as a deterrent as I saw the disgusting kitchen conditions and how terrible and fattening the food really was. Yet, after quitting, for some reason I suddenly felt I could indulge without a care again. So, starting Tuesday:

-No more fast food.
-No more binging on chocolate.
-Alas, no more Tuesday Nachos from the school canteen, though this one will be a struggle to give up.

The goal of this all... well... I don't have a specific weight I'd like to reach. It's more that I just want to feel comfortable, and thus my target is fitting into an item of clothing. More specifically, the Cloud Control T-Shirt I bought from the Save FBI Concert earlier in the holidays. SUCH GOOD TIMES. I'm overcome by nostalgia thinking about it.

Ah, good times. Even got to hi-five my clone, shown behind me.

But yes, as I went to buy an EP Album of the first band that played, they also had the Cloud Control merchandise out. The shirt in question reminded me of one over on www.threadless.com which depicted a deer using its antlers as a hat rack. Though no hats in sight on this shirt, it was still just as cool with the deer silhouette. However, when I went to buy it, the girl could only seem to find shirts that went up to medium size, rather than large. Thus, although it fits, the shirt is a *tad* tight. So, my goal is that, by the end of the HSC, I *will* fit comfortably into this shirt. Here is the damn awesome shirt in question:

Who wouldn't want to wear that? So simple, yet so coolio.

This is my goal. This shirt. This excellently designed piece of apparel, oozing nostalgia from every thread, heralds the new era of exercise and food Nazism. Both a good and bad start to what is the end of my schooling days - at least until university.

I realise this was probably one of the more trivial posts I've made so far. Then again, there isn't much competition as I've only made three at this point in time, heh. Still, this blog just helps me collect my thoughts and set them in stone. Thus, by declaring this health regime I can no longer escape from it, nor can my diet buddy. We can do it. This is where I would insert a smiley face, but as explained in the first paragraph you must imagine the jubilation yourself. It seems we have come full circle, so I shall end here.

Adios.

6 comments:

  1. Firstly, your time is screwed up! 12:26am?? hahaha
    Secondly, is 'melancholic' a word? Melancholy is an adjective as well as a noun!
    yep, D told me about the diet plan! But what about the texting each other bit? that was a bit weird though... likely to fail. :P
    This post was inspirational though! I should be motivated like so as well... (actually, half my wardrobe is filled with nostaglic pieces... another quarter i've never even been able to feel nostalgia for, but WILL!
    [INSERT CORNY QUOTE]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yeah I just fixed the time thing. It seemed to go with the time that I *started* writing rather than when I finished. Oh well, all better now.

    Yes, I *swear* melancholic is a word, and if not I'll eat my hat haha.

    [INSERT CORNY RESPONSE].

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to say that it's not a word, but I don't think you have a hat to eat anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to Dictionary.com...

    -Adjective:
    1. Disposed to or affected with melancholy; gloomy.
    2. Of, pertaining to, or affected with melancholia.

    I *told* you, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melancholic IS a word....

    There shall be no hat eating in this blogspace!

    ...wow Ben. For some reason, after you make a blog, we somehow agree on things. Its amazing. I wonder if my timing will now improve....Nah

    Annnyway, back to commenting about the actual blog than the comments. School. Bah. Trials. Bah. Oh well. I'll see you at UTS then *insert happy smiley here*

    Oh, and diet away! And excersise maybe too. Chu can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhaha
    *insert hi5 smiley face*
    YES WE CAN
    bobbbb the builder can! we! fix! it!
    lalalalaa

    gahhh, ENGLISH COME HITHER
    and trials back off rawrr

    also, ^^ that CC photo actually caused a physical reaction, i literally felt myself jellify in the soothing wave of recollection
    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete