Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tick Tock

Time. Not enough of it. Only just now realising how much of it I wasted away in the last two weeks of holidays and sorely regret it. At least I can say it wasn't a *total* waste considering I enjoyed myself for the most part, but the question is... was it worth it in the long run? Immediate enjoyment, or should I have put in more of the hard yards to reach that ephemeral destination of UTS?

Gah, I wish it would just stop for another few weeks... Disappears too fast.

Masses of history catch-up to do which is eating up all my time, as well as keeping up with the homework. A possible third successive screw up of Advanced English is imminent on Thursday, and both my major works are in dire need of attention. Despite all the stress from this, current goal of the day/week/month is to manage my time more efficiently. Make the most of it, both in terms of a better work ethic and better relaxation. Often I find myself in the purgatory of guilty procrastination, not working to the fullest, nor relaxing to the fullest as I feel uneasy about giving myself the pleasure of enjoyment with the workload looming.

I shall once and for all be rid of the vile beast of procrastination.

I know you're probably all scoffing at this point, but I shall endeavour to both work and relax at optimum levels. Should alleviate some of the stress. Besides, I have a few things to look forward to. For example, a possible Tim Burton marathon as vaguely and sketchily planned out today during Extension 2 English, heh, albeit possibly off in the distant future. But it's something. As long as I get my notes fixed up for trials and my majors for the most part completed, it'll be worth the continual stress implosions when I hopefully waltz up to UTS for my first day of university.

Oh well, last term of school ever... I shall defeat you... *triumphant music plays in the background*

Adios.

2 comments:

  1. Okay! Lets do this! No more random procrastination! ...hah yeah right. I didnt even particularly ENJOY my holidays for the most part! and still havent done enough.....what a crap feeling.

    Dw. We'll shine. Even if we both bugger a small english assessment. Its the trial that counts? XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i can so empathise with you on the 'purgatory of guilty procrastination'!!
    hahaha
    playing solitare in betweeen school work is hardly enjoyable. just better than doing school work!
    as for history.... DIE! currently hating all five units... >.<
    'beeee

    ReplyDelete